Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of El Segundo - HES Safety Analyst located in El Segundo, CA through January 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Safety Analyst is a member of El Segundo Refinery's HES Team and responsibilities include:
• Under supervision of the Section Head and delegated staff specialists, maintains on-going HES data tracking systems with up to date information, which may include - but not necessarily limited to: chemical inventory (SDS database), injury tracking, CHESM database, employer first report of injury data entry, HES scorecard metrics, etc. These are electronic records and systems that require good competency in Excel (spreadsheets) and general database use and management.
• Communicates the above related metrics and statistics to all levels of organization as needed (e.g. TRIR, hours worked used to calculate TRIR and related metrics, etc.) electronically (dashboards, web, e mail, etc.), by voice and by hardcopy as needed.
• Maintains internet web site information for ready access by stakeholders, may design or update web layouts or content, etc. Checks out, modifies per direction and resubmits electronic instructions (Green Book sections) per refinery process to maintain HES instructions and policies. Maintains and manages an organized filing system (electronically and hard copy) for compliance related documents to back up the above and additional as needed to support H&S functions.
• With guidance from specialists, gathers and inputs data into agency and third-party systems as part of compliance and industry reporting (e.g. California CERS chemical inventory, AFPM and API data, US Dept of Labor statistics data reporting). Engages third party and agency representatives as needed to trouble shoot routine data entry issues.
• Maintains skills through development courses or assignments, instructs staff and others in accessing information and evaluates processes for efficiency improvements and upcoming issues.
• Performs related duties as needed to back up data management needs of HES division (e.g. TSPA data), maintain information and data systems and communicate with stakeholders (internal and external).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two years working with spreadsheets and/or databases required (student worker experience applies)
- Proficiency in basic office IT applications (Microsoft Word, e mail, etc.)
- Ability to analyze data and provide insightful analysis that illustrates key cause and effect, business and value drivers
- Solid math skills with ability to convert volume and weight units, and perform elementary statistical analysis
- Ability to walk out bulk storage areas and visually inventory containers (e.g. drums, bins)
- Four-year college degree highly desirable
- Two or more years as an administrative assistant or working in a refinery/petrochemical plant desirable
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.