Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Priority 1 - Immediate need
Role Information: (key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role)
Functional Manager/Discipline Head:
Sr. Operations Manager
To maintain and repair all facilities and auto-electrical equipment safely and in the required time.
Job Specification: (including geographic spread, direct reports etc)
• Maintenance and Repair on all electrically driven equipment in the facilities and Platform;
• Maintenance and Repair on all Generators;
• Installation, Maintenance and Repair to all air conditioning units;
• Calibration and Maintenance of Plant and Platform instrumentation;
• Breakdown and repair work to Power Plants switchgear;
• Maintain and repair all commercial domestic equipment;
• Repair and maintenance on heavy plant and other equipment;
• Maintenance and repair to Gas Analysis equipment.
• Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling facilities.
• Maintains communications protocols for the various networks and hardware for human-machine interfaces (HMI).
• Loads and configures software on microprocessors and computerized systems.
• Organizes and maintains backup copies of the facility's PLCs and programmable equipment.
• Tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs various flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters and their associated control valves.
• Organizes and directs daily work for assigned Trainees.
• Carries out routine and planned preventative maintenance on electrical systems and equipment.
• Carries out maintenance and repairs to turbine control systems
• Carries out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system.
• Identifies and obtains required spare parts from the onsite warehouse inventory.
• Responds to operational breakdowns on a 24-hour basis.
• Recommends all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence.
• Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program).
• Reviews and become familiar with the Client's equipment and maintenance procedures;
• Reviews from a maintenance perspective and comment on the B3 design documentation;
• Participates on PHA, operability, maintainability, reliability, and LOPA/SIL review teams;
• Monitors topsides fabrication progress to assure maintainability issues are identified and addressed and to witness commissioning activities;
• Participates in package training classes and learn equipment maintenance requirements and procedures;
• Assist in developing PMRs and training materials for the B3 facility.
• Provides maintenance support to the commissioning and start up team;
Responsible for: (including supervisory/managerial duties, health & safety responsibilities)
This position maintains tests, calibrates, modifies, troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, or replaces instrumentation, control equipment and electrical systems and equipment within the confines of a production facility.
Yes No Does this job have supervisory responsibilities?
Yes No Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job?
How many employees are directly supervised by this job? 0 (zero)
Interpersonal Skills: (e.g. oral, verbal & written communication; language skills, reasoning skills)
Language Skills: Advanced skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodical or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Advanced Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Advanced Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Technical/Business Skills, Experience, and Training:
(e.g. project management methodologies, negotiating terms & conditions, cost models, etc.)
• Ability to apply multi-skills acquired
• Understanding of different cultures
• Hand tools
• Electrical and instrumentation test equipment
Education, Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations: (desirable/required)
High school or Trade Certificate in Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering
Basic Computer Skills: Use personal computer hardware and software to perform basic tasks to convey and retrieve information via email and the internet.
Intermediate Computer Skills: Uses Microsoft Office Suite to perform a variety of tasks.
Specialized Computer Skills: Uses specialized desktop publishing or custom applications to publish documents or manage large amounts of data.
Strength and Force: (Strength and force represent the minimal requirements)
1) Sedentary < 10 lbs. of force
Frequently Occasionally Rarely
2) Light < 25 lbs. of force
Frequently Occasionally Rarely
3) Medium < 50 lbs. of force
Frequently Occasionally Rarely
Physical Demands: (please select the demands that account for more than 1/3 of time while on the job)
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Climb or balance
Stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Taste or smell
(please select the type of environment this position will be exposed more than 1/3 of the time while on the job)
Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
Work near moving mechanical parts
Work in high, precarious places
Fumes or airborne particles
Toxic or caustic chemicals
Outdoor weather conditions
Extreme cold (non-weather)
Extreme heat (non-weather)
Risk of electrical shock
Work with explosives
Risk of radiation
Noise Environment: (please select the amount of noise for this job)
Very quiet conditions (e.g. forest trail, isolation booth)
Quiet conditions (e.g. library, private office)
Moderate noise (e.g. business office, light traffic)
Loud noise (e.g. metal can manufacturing, working near earth-moving equipment)
Very loud noise (e.g. jack hammer work, front row at a rock concert)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing I&E Technicans for a Major Oil and Gas Operator in the Permian Basin. Company is rapidly growing and looking for a long term full time employees.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor;
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with PLC system and HMI software
- Receives daily instructions and obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits
- Calibration, maintenance and repair on heavy plant and equipment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of experience
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3-5 years' experience preferred
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.