Skills: Dynamic Pressure Management (MPD / UBD), Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Priority 1 - Immediate need
Primary Duties include but not limited to the following:
Inspection and Maintenance of meters as needed
Maintain measurement calibration data and historical records
Enter data into network databases
Maintain proving equipment
Perform verification/calibration on differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, chart recorders, and other measurement related ancillary equipment.
Assist in the investigation and resolution of over/short measurement situations
Perform witnessing of meter proving.
Prepare measurement tickets and associated paperwork to ensure accurate custody transfer of deliveries and receipts.
Schedule, coordinate, perform and/or witness meter proving of custody transfer meters, control meters and densitometers.
Maintain meter factor and densitometer trend data and perform and/or coordinate measurement equipment calibrations. Input all data on a timely basis to maintain the control chart database.
Prefer 3-5 years of experience in the following:
General working knowledge of Windows based PC Systems.
Knowledge and experience with Oil and Gas Industry Processes.
Ability to troubleshoot problems and work under pressure.
Follow and promote EH&S Safety Standards.
Must pass a post offer company drug test and physical.
Legally authorized to work in the United States
Valid driver's license
Willingness and ability to perform/comply with following:
Working in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions
Working in several different geographic locations each day
Working both in and out of a company-owned vehicle
Wearing appropriate special safety equipment
Walking, bending, stooping and lifting
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking Measurement Technicians in the Carlsbad NM area.
- Provide gas measurement support to the Permian District team
- Install meter tube and EFM (Fisher ROCs/Eagle/Total Flow) equipment
- Install radio equipment and ensure communication with SCADA.
- Size orifice plates, take gas samples and input configurations into EFM and various transmitters. Set process controls in both the field and processing plants.
- Maintain, calibrate and perform testing and preventative maintenance on said equipment. Install, test, troubleshoot and run diagnostics on RTU equipment.
- Per Diem offered
- Prefer candidates that live in 50-60 mile radius of Carlsbad
- Good understanding of 6Map standards and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years oil/gas industry experience
- Basic understanding of gas chromatographs and measurement standards
- Experience installing and maintaining Total Flow gas measurement equipment
- PCCU and TESTit software experience preferred.
- Good computer skills to include the Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as applicable industry programs.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Diversity Statement (EEO) Spanish
Somos una empresa comprometida con la igualdad de oportunidades que reconoce el valor de la diversidad de las personas. Todas las personas que cumplan con los requisitos profesionales de las ofertas serán evaluados para el puesto en base a un criterio objetivo, sin tener en cuenta, entre otras: la raza, color, edad, religión, género, nacionalidad, discapacidad, orientación sexual, identidad de género, estatus de veterano protegido, o cualquier otra característica contemplada en la legislación aplicable vigente.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.