Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Fabrication
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an experienced Heat Transfer Engineer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Heat Transfer Engineer is primarily responsible for thermal design and reviewing, understanding and implementing heat transfer equipment specifications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Requisitioning of all heat transfer-related equipment including shell and tubes, air coolers, multi-tubes hairpin, plate and frame, cooling towers and boilers
- Performing vendor document and drawing reviews; completing vendor data reviews of heat transfer equipment
- Preparing technical specifications for heat transfer equipment
- Overseeing the technical evaluation of bids; preparing technical bid tabs and clarifications
- Performing thermal and mechanical calculations
- Preparing equipment data sheets
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience with design and fabrication of shell, tube and air cooled heat exchangers, with prior work on EPC, LNG projects strongly preferred
- Proficiency using HTRI and RCS software a plus
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/