Job Title: Lind Locator
Schedule: 5 & 2 Schedule
Location: Carlsbad, NM
This position is responsible for providing damage prevention services for pipeline utilities in order to minimize accidental damage or disruption of service due to construction excavation activities. Coordinates with production manager for specific jobs requiring HydroVac services. Must be a self- motivated individual with strong work ethics.
- Ability to work with Texas 811 One-Calls and respond appropriately adhering to company polices and state law
- Ability to follow driving directions from Texas 811 One-Calls
- Ability to read and interpret electronic quarter section and plat maps to facilitate locating lines
- Accurate and organized documentation of work including Texas 811 One-Calls, line locating, and reports concerning volume and timeliness of locates to supervisor
- Ability to understand and learn excavation best practices, OSHA regulations, and Managing Safe Work
- Accurate marking of all lines
- Performs "checks and wraps" for pipeline repairs and inspections as necessary in association with contractor pipeline repair activities
- Responsible for identifying short circuits in a cathodic protection system, and for performing repairs to tracer wire shorts in the system
- Keep immediate supervisor/manager aware of any issues or problems in the field and document accordingly
- Ability to learn new devices and changing laws
- Insure that all devices are properly working daily
- Be able to walk 3 to 5 miles a day if needed.
- Perform assignments in hazardous traffic environments and are required to use appropriate safety equipment and procedures
- Uses computers and a variety of specialized, sensitive electronic equipment to locate pipelines and valves in the right-of-way and pipeline easement
- Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Windows environment
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
- Understanding of Business fundamentals
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions
- Technical Skills related to math and analytical thinking
- Understanding of Importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices
- 1+ years Oil & Gas Pipeline Locator experience preferred
- Willing to work rotating shifts, call outs, and overtime as needed
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Physical requirements - Must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www.danos.com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.