Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Huntsville, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube and Facebook .
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Inspects and test materials received and products manufactured for/by Weatherford Manufacturing (WM) according to drawings and specifications under the guidelines of the WM Quality System and/or customer specifications. Documents and maintains quality records per the WM Quality Procedures and/or customer specifications or other requirements established by WM Management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all tasks and skills of Inspector I.
Inspection/acceptance/testing of parts received and/or manufactured under the requirements of the WeatherfordQuality system, special customer requirements, API Q-1, ISO 9001, etc.
Maintain the quality control records.
Insure the instruments and gauges being used are in good condition and calibration.
Maintain professional relations with customers and Weatherford personnel.
Plan inspection procedures for use in inspection routines.
Assist production in the application of recognized industry quality principles.
Perform miscellaneous product test from sales or engineering requirements.
Assist in conducting required non-destructive examinations (Mag Particle, Die Pennetrant etc.) if necessary
Conduct and report findings from product development testing/inspection as needed.
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Perform other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements and company policies of Weatherford.
Know and understand Weatherford's Enterprise Excellence Process and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Complete Understanding of Geometric Tolerance and Dimensioning GT&D
- Competent in the inspection of API Thread Connections API 5B, and API 7.2
- Ability to use API thread Inspection Gages - Thread, Addendum, Overlays, Lead, Taper, and Height
- Ability to operate an optical comparator for quality control functions
- Knowledge of Metallic Hardness Inspection Bench and Portable to ASTM E10 and ASTM E18 Standards
- Knowledge Elastomer Hardness testing Shore A and D
- Knowledge of Surface Plate and Height gage Inspection Techniques (Circularity, Perpendicular, Concentricity, Circular Runout, Straightness, Flatness "etc"
- Using Inspection Measuring Equipment, Mics Callipers, Dial Bore Gages, Scales, Protractors "etc"
- Understanding the Calibration of Measuring Equipment
- Inspect and interpret Material Test reports in accordance with industrial standards
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Good math skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Welding experience and/or weld inspection experience a plus.
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards.
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced.
- Measure products with rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such a proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection processes
- This position may possibly be 2 nd shift
Welding experience and/or weld inspection experience a plus.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.
Weatherford is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.