Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Midland, TX
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
· Safety Awareness
· Work Ethic
· Technical Skill
· Customer Focus
· Open Communication
· Implementing Vision and Values
Operation, surveillance, and troubleshooting of Natural Gas Engines, Compressors and Pumps. This includes validating and inputting production and injection data, performing preventative/predictive maintenance, reactive maintenance, major and minor repairs on equipment, reporting spills and leaks. Work with the Production Coordinators, Rotating Equipment Specialist and Engineering to identify efficiency opportunities. Will coordinate the field execution of Capital/Expense Projects. Candidates must be able to relieve other Equipment Techs, respond to callouts and work assigned weekends.
· 1 or more years of engine, pump and compressor mechanic experience is preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors and the public.
· Experience in the following: H-Pumps, Centrifugal Pumps, Rod Pumps, etc.
· Working knowledge of ADEM 3 engine control systems.
· Ability to tune and make adjustments with Caterpillar ET computer program.
· Experience working with high speed reciprocating Ariel and GE-Gemini compressors.
· Troubleshoot pump & compressor valves, identify and repair compressor packing leaks.
· Working knowledge of emission systems, exhaust catalysts, and State emissions compliance.
· Also knowledge on hot alignment and soft foot adjustments.
· Experience in troubleshooting and repairing centrifugal and positive displacement (SWD) pumps.
· Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform root cause failure analysis.
· Capable of basic troubleshooting of automation and electrical equipment. Also capable of repairing some equipment, such as actuators & level alarms and of changing out fuses, relays, etc.
· Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Windows environment, LOWIS, MAXIMO
· Strong initiative and self-starter
· Ability to keep neat and accurate records
· Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
· Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
· Ability to implement cost effective solutions
· Technical Skills related to math and analytical thinking
· Demonstrated strong commitment to safety to include personal safety, co-workers, contractors and the public.
· 1+ years Oil & Gas Mechanic experience preferred
· Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
· Candidate must within a 45 mile radius of the job site
· At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
· Valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sound like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www.danos.com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.