Skills: Control Room Operations, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Kermit, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Position: I&E Technician
Location: Kermit, TX
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the for
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, inspection, repair on all land based oil field instrumentation, control systems, analyzers and electrical equipment. Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshoot I & E issues.
- Install, maintain, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all field instrumentation, control systems, analyzers and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for prompt and accurate diagnosis of minor problems and the implementation of corrective action. Consult directly with equipment vendors on problems for resolution as necessary.
- Coordinate and conduct well maintenance activities on wells and batteries for New Installs/Upgrades, recurring problems where root cause cannot be identified by Well Tech.
- Coordinate and conduct maintenance activities on end devices to include pre-programming of transmitters w/ hart communicator and ensure data accuracy on all fluid and gas measurement meters.
- Conduct in depth failure analysis on repeat equipment failures.
- Implement design for wells within guide lines of automation standards.
- Respond and provide automation support during all outages.
- Work off of assigned schedule and maintain zero out of compliance work orders
- Provide analytical support on problem wells.
- Provide input on new technologies.
- Assist other technicians during storm outages to bring wells back online.
- Working knowledge of SPOC.
- Able to perform general PM work: testing end devices, temperature shutdowns, pressure switches, level shutdowns.
- Conduct evaluation tests on valves, motors, instruments, etc.
- Knowledge of RTUs. Understanding of digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting using loop drawing, schematics, ladder logic, electrical one-line, and P&I drawings.
- Proficient in maintaining process control loops, electronic controls, valves, and transmitters.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite, proprietary software, etc).
- Strong initiative and self-starter.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills.
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records.
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization.
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions.
- Ability to work with a team and communicate with other functions.
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills for complex problems in automation systems.
- Excellent knowledge of automation host systems.
- Expert in using test equipment pertaining to job, including oscilloscope, function generators, radio service monitor, etc.
- Understanding of pneumatic instrumentation: calibration and maintenance.
- Skillful in reading electronic schematics, identifying components, and understanding their functions.
- Able to calibrate and troubleshoot complex PLC programs.
- Competent level of understanding of automation and electrical design principles.
- Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
- Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
- Extensive expertise of Electrical / Automation construction codes and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of material specifications and application.
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines.
- Be knowledgeable with tagging conventions, programing simulation and testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Understanding of Importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices.
- 3+ Years Instrumentation and Electrical experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision.
- Electronically qualified per OSHA, 1910.269 up to 600V.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Candidate must within a 45 mile radius of the job site.
- At least High School Grad or GED. I&E technical degree and training preferred.
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record