Job Title: Compressor Operator
Location: Pecos, TX
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
Operation, surveillance, and troubleshooting of Natural Gas Engines, Compressors and Pumps. This includes validating and inputting production and injection data, performing preventative/predictive maintenance, reactive maintenance, major and minor repairs on equipment, reporting spills and leaks. Deliver natural gas to pipeline delivery point to meet customer requirements both internally and externally into plant. Candidates must be able to relieve other Equipment Techs, respond to callouts and work assigned weekends.
- 2 or more years of engine and compressor operator experience is preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors and the public.
- Experience in the following: Caterpillar 3500 and 3600 series engines, Waukesha engines.
- Working knowledge of ADEM 3 engine control systems.
- Deliver natural gas to pipeline delivery point to meet customer requirements both internally and externally into plant.
- Communicate with plant about production, issues or maintenance.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities, pipeline, and equipment as needed including pigging.
- Knowledge of Meter and Regulation station and Gate Station engineering, components would be a plus.
- Ability to tune and make adjustments with Caterpillar ET computer program.
- Experience working with high speed reciprocating Ariel and GE-Gemini compressors.
- Troubleshoot compressor valves, identify and repair compressor packing leaks.
- Working knowledge of emission systems, exhaust catalysts, and State emissions compliance.
- Experience in troubleshooting centrifugal and positive displacement (SWD) pumps.
- Capable of basic troubleshooting of automation and electrical equipment. Also capable of repairing some equipment, such as actuators & level alarms and of changing out fuses, relays, etc.
- Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Windows environment, EVIN, MAXIMO
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
- Ability to implement cost effective solutions
- Technical Skills related to math and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety to include personal safety, co-workers, contractors and the public.
- 2+ years Oil & Gas Compressor Operator experience preferred
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
- Candidate must within a 100 mile radius of the job site
- At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www. danos. com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.