NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a large oil and gas operator company, is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer to be based in Edmonton,AB
on 2 year contract with possibility of extension.
Individuals would be required to be local to the Edmonton,AB
as no LOA or relocation will be provided. This position is site based with schedule is 5/2, 40 hours per week. MAIN FUNCTIONS
Lead a design team in the development of basic process design specifications or provide oversight of an engineering contractor's technical deliverables during the front end design / detailed engineering phases of projects. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Monitor and lead junior engineers in the development of process design specifications, including the development of heat & material balances, design flow plans, process equipment design, preliminary hydraulic balances, utility balances, basic process control & instrumentation, materials selection, safety facilities
- Lead and/or perform process optimization studies to identify / evaluate capital / operating cost savings, process configuration alternatives, safety facilities requirements, etc.
- Provide technical oversight for engineering contractor's work during front end engineering & design / detailed engineering to ensure consistency with Company methods & guidelines, project specifications & owner's requirements
- Participate in Hazard & Operability Reviews for new / modified facilities / in support of existing plant facilities
- Provide commissioning & start-up assistance for new / modified facilities, as required
- Establish organization and staffing process
- BS/MS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, required
- 20+ years of demonstrated experience in petroleum refining / chemical process industry / with an engineering contractor serving these industries
- 10+ years of demonstrated capital project development experience
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.