As a Direct tax advisor your responsibility will be to deliver high value comprehensive, accurate, and timely US direct tax advice in any number of areas for a multi-national integrated oil company including Corporate, M&A, Upstream, Downstream, Mid-stream and IRS controversy matters. You will also be working on any number of other matters assigned where value and priorities dictate.Responsibilities:
- Acting as the primary Tax point of contact for designated areas, including U.S. focal for advice related to proposed law changes in the Corporate and US International areas (e.g., Tax Reform including BEAT, GILTI, FDII).
- Effective communication of advice and recommendations.
- Structuring advice projects to enable effective execution.
- Networking responsibilities with other similar focal points to establish and share best practice.
- Contribute actively to the Tax Policy and Legislative team.
- Provide concise, accurate, comprehensive, intelligible and timely tax advice to Shell stakeholders.
- Take part in special tax projects and play active part in the Tax community where required.
- Taking leading role in the implementation of global processes within the area of responsibility.
- Identify, develop and analyze tax and cash flow savings.
- Take lead role for complex MA&D projects, including research, writing and communicating to stakeholders.
- Assist in improving the tax efficiency of the corporate structure.
- Establish and align own priorities in accordance with those defined by relevant stakeholders
- The role requires legal skills due to deal negotiations and complex contract drafting and review.
- The role provides tax advice on complex issues and projects that will often have millions of dollars of net income or cash effect on the outcome of the transactions.
- The role operates at senior levels in the Functions and with Businesses.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Broad Tax experience working for a multi-national corporation or a professional firm.
- JD strongly preferred, LLM helpful.
- 10-15 years broad tax experience working for a multinational company or a professional firm.
- Technical knowledge and experience in U.S. domestic and international tax law (including relevant consolidated group attribute planning, structuring, transfer pricing, partnerships, and tax controversy)
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both written and oral.
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills.
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supported by Stakeholders
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams.
- Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts for the benefit of Shell.
- Strong negotiation skills and effective at influencing others.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations.
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible Solutions.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.