Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Houston, TX
Supervisor: Director, Operations
Department: Asset Management
The Operations manager develops, implement, administers and maintains operations best practices and procedures according to LNG guidelines. This position partners with multiple functions such as E&C, finance modelling, permitting, safety, corporate IT to perform technical reviews, provide philosophies, OPEX, safety plans, review technology functions and business Systems, provide operational guidelines and overall support required by project development teams. It also provides operational and technical support ad hoc and supports annual self-assessment to operating facilities.
- Manage operational guidelines to implement and maintain consistent practices between developing facilities.
- Manage directly and through subordinate positions (when applicable), the development and maintenance of safety, security, operational philosophies, procedures and manuals.These documents are the governing procedures and practices to be implemented by the Company at its LNG facilities relating to safety, security and operations.
- Manage project development efforts (drawings, specifications, fabrication, engineering and construction) to assure appropriate implementation of plant design and operating attributes which are consistent with design and operating philosophies.Keeps the design and Operating philosophies updated to reflect learned experiences.Assures facilities new designs or modifications to existing facilities meet the commercial objectives of our customers.
- Manage a fluent understanding of regulations with respect to regulatory, human resources, safety, security, accounting, operations and maintenance in each country (United States and Mexico).
- Serve as a liaison between operating facilities, E&C and other groups to communicate and /or collect information to support project development.
- Develops, validate project OPEX during mobilization and production periods, incorporating staffing plans, organizational charts, and all related O&M costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical engineering or similar
- Minimum of 10 years of direct experience in LNG Operations or similar gas processing facilities.
- Strong business, technical and project management skills to conceptualize, recommend, design, and implement operations solutions in a timely manner. Proficient in project management tools, methodologies, and technical platforms.
- Understanding LNG or Oil and Gas business operations and processes: terminal operations, maintenance management, procurement and logistics, field activities, energy market activities, pipeline operations, financial services, human resources, measurement collecting.
- Manage vendors and contractors to assure value delivery of contracted services and to develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Management of Operations experience, with directly related and demonstrated supervisory experience in LNG or other similar or compatible gas processing facilities.
- Demonstrated leadership of multidisciplinary, high-performance work teams/groups.
- Related experience in managing a team of over 10 FTEs (including employees and contractors).
- Demonstrated experience on distributed control and logic systems, SIS, ESD, Gas and fire detection system
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.