Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Research & Development Career
Recognized as innovators in the industry, Halliburton's Research and Development scientists and engineers are responsible for designing the thousands of patented tools and technologies applied in field locations each day in locations all over the world.
As part of Halliburton's Research and Development group, you'll invent and author patented technologies that enable our customers to maximize new and existing oil and gas assets. Leading your own smaller projects or working on a larger project team, you'll develop Halliburton's intellectual property assets and invent and author the patents that underpin the processes and products that generate revenue and market leadership for Halliburton. Just a few of your daily responsibilities might include:
- Designing new equipment and processes
- Supporting design changes to existing technologies
- Observing technologies in the field to ensure correct implementation
- Designing lab experiments and analyzing data.
We're looking for self-starters with leadership capabilities, innovative ideas and the ability to effectively express ideas to team members, project stakeholders and management. You should hold a bachelor's or post-graduate degree in any of the engineering and science, geology/geosciences or chemistry disciplines.
Position details: Software/Firmware Develop, Sr
- Under general direction, responsible for defining requirements, functional specifications and testing documentation for engineering embedded applications, which varies in scope and complexity.
- Ensures that the Technical Firmware Development process is followed on the development project. Works with others to improve the process. Designs, codes, tests, troubleshoots, and documents engineering embedded applications.
- Works as part of a project team or as a leader of a defined section of a major project. Develops project plans, functional specifications and schedules. Assists in determining product needs and enhancements.
- Contributes to Halliburton's Intellectual Property portfolio by delivering innovative and commercially successful solutions. Creates an impactful relationship with Halliburton's technical community, customers, and vendors by proactively collaborating with key stakeholders. Participates in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Works effectively as a team member by communicating clearly and efficiently to provide innovative solutions.
- Takes the initiative to go beyond what situations require and focuses on attention to detail by making sure that work is done correctly, completely, and to the highest standards.
- Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, and 4 years of related experience. Completion of a master's degree in Computing, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Good personal, professional, team work and communication skills are required.
- Availability for international trips.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues, selecting and using appropriate debugging tools.
- Design architecture of embedded systems, test and debugging plans.
- Capability of assessing embedded design on physical system (power, timing, etc.)
- Good understanding of digital and analog circuits.
- Familiar with electronics equipment used for circuit analysis/troubleshooting (e.g. Oscilloscope).
- Understanding of memory mapping, memory types, memory map peripherals, interrupts
- Good knowledge and experience in C/C++ on embedded platform.
- Experience with serial communication protocols (UART, RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C, CAN,…)
- Experience with Real time Operating System (Unix, CMX,…) and driver development.
- Familiar with data encoding/decoding/compression techniques, design and implementation of digital filters and DSP algorithms, DFT, data analysis and interpretation skills, hands on experience on fixed as well as floating point processors etc.
- Familiar with MatLab, Simulink, FPGA programing, ARM, STM32, ADC, DAQ, etc.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 67427
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.