Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
A 12 month contract opportunity has arisen for a General Accountant to be based with our client in Aberdeen.
The General Accountant will perform the general ledger accounting of the local entities, including accurate and timely reconciliations and reporting, correctly captured transactions, and well documented transactions and effective internal controls. The General Accounting team is also managing the questions from external auditors in coordination with the local Finance teams.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform asset accounting, including CAPEX clearing and all settlements in SAP AM
- Prepare fixed asset reconciliations and run depreciation postings
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and hold balance sheet reviews with the business as necessary to validate substance/existence/validity of balance sheet balances
- Book tax related postings including royalties
- Prepare and submit reports/filings to local authorities as necessary (national bank, statistics, etc)
- Prepare supporting reports for Customs and VAT returns
- Manage companies accounting and book GL entries as required under IFRS standards
- Document transactions with supporting information and maintain vouchers and records
- Perform technical closings and run SAP jobs as necessary
- Perform invoicing of incidental 3rd party services and expatriated staff
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- In addition, there is a strong requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all geographical areas.
- The position is based in Aberdeen, although some travel must be expected to other geographical entities within the Company
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Relevant experience in a similar financial position with P&L experience
- Thorough understanding of general accounting tools, including SAP
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.