Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This influential role, ideal for an expert in Organisation Development who is a strong team player, offers huge scope to make high-impact, high-value business change across Shell's Global Manufacturing business.
What's the role?
This is an expert, senior advisor role, partnering with our Gulf Coast Manufacturing business to deliver OD interventions that support their strategic change agenda and business objectives. You'll have no direct reports but you will work in an integrated way directly with business stakeholders and OD colleagues to solve business problems and accelerate deliver of the Manufacturing strategy.
Your remit will include:
- Partnering with the Manufacturing Gulf Coast business to design and deliver appropriate OD interventions supporting their Strategic Change Agenda and business objectives. On occasion, support may also be given to global efforts.
- Diagnosing and addressing complex organisational challenges.
- Delivering high quality change outcomes both through personal intervention and by leading projects to deliver scaled programmes.
- Cultivating strong working relationships with our Manufacturing leadership teams and colleagues in HR and OD & Learning; encouraging collective thinking on complex change challenges and agreeing the change strategy and solutions.
- Building top-quartile OD capability within HR and OD&L to meet the needs of the wider business.
- Contributing to Shell's global OD community; sharing what you learn from interventions with the wider Organisation.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
What we need from you
- Deep experience in leading large scale, complex OD/ change management interventions or business process improvement / Continuous Improvement projects.
- Talent for working in international and global project teams combined with the ability and confidence to work in highly ambiguous environments in which you are willing to challenge senior leaders.
- Ability to diagnose business/organisation change issues and to identify appropriate type of intervention.
- Strong consulting skills with experience in managing client relationships in high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work at different levels in the organization from senior leaders to front line operators.
- Flexibility in approach and able to coach and mentor others.
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills.
This role requires mastery level OD skills, and experience of leading large-scale complex change programmes is critical - whether through OD interventions or business process improvements. External consulting experience would be valuable but, above all, we're looking for evidence that you can diagnose business/organisation change issues, identify the right intervention, and deliver results.
Much hinges on your personal skills. We're keen to hear fromcandidates who are strong business partners: people who can cultivate excellent stakeholder relationships with a genuine desire to work in partnership and bring out the best in others. You have a talent for working in a diverse, international environment coupled with the courage, conviction and decision-making capability to deal with ambiguity. Finally, you may need to challenge even the most senior of managers.
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a tagline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities.
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for men and women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2017.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video