Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under general supervision, uses cementing knowledge and experience to develop the cementing job design to meet customer requirements, including preliminary job calculations, running computer simulations, designing fluid systems, submitting lab test requests and reviewing and approving test results, performing risk assessments, verifying the design meets regulatory requirements, and providing cost estimates for the planned operation.
- Provides operational expertise including operational instructions and identifying the resources required to perform the job.
- Independently performs post job analysis, provides recommendations for improvement, implements agreed improvements for subsequent jobs, shares learning with the Cementing Team and advertises successes by writing, publishing and presenting case histories and industry papers (for example SPE).
- Develops and maintains personal relationships with the technical customer base in designated area to effectively sell tailored cement solutions.
- Collaborating with customer office based drilling and / or production engineers, uses cementing knowledge to tailor solutions to meet their requirements and Halliburton's commercial expectations, considering both the price of the solution to the customer as well as the total cost to Halliburton to deliver it.
- Sells new technology and processes identified in the location's customer specific performance optimization plans (POP).
- Provides technical support at the well site as required by the customer or PSL.
- This involves verifying the job design using the final job input parameters and the engineering tools originally used to design the job.
- Consults with the PSL Team regarding equipment needs and specifications and verifies all resources required for the cementing operation are available and meet local regulatory requirements.
- Provides chemical and casing equipment forecasts in sufficient time for deliveries to meet forecasted job dates while helping to maintain inventory targets (inventory levels, turn rates, slow moving, excess etc).
- Performs assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering and commercial principles.
- Mentors junior members of the Cementing Team.
- Works independently and may provide work direction to others at site.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline required.
- Requires experience learning cementing operations, job design and technical solutions.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Howemoss Crescent , Aberdeen , Aberdeen , AB21 0GN , United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 69325
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.