Clamart, Île-de-France, France
Clamart, Île-de-France, France
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Data Scientist helps develop software and processes that can be used for robotics, artificial intelligence programs and application. In close collaboration with the business and métiers, the data scientist offers mathematical and statistical models from the collected data to augment, improve or speed up human decisions within the Oil & Gas sector. With Schlumberger you will be given the opportunity to apply your expertise and deploy deep learning solutions at scale on real-world problems, supporting many areas of Schlumberger's business.
As part of the Schlumberger AI Lab, you will benefit from a balance of Internal Intellectual Property and Opensource contribution on the different projects and problems tackled. Schlumberger is the first Oil & Gas service company to move its processes and workflows in the cloud. This gives the AI Lab the perfect opportunities to leverage these innovative technologies and resources. As part of the AI Lab you will be able to test, experiment and research with the bleeding edge environment with Petabits and Petabits of data.
The responsibility includes tight collaboration with the business as part of scrum teams of two or three data scientist and business subject matter engineers. You will be in charge of research and delivery of Proof of Concepts solutions, responding to a clear and specific business needs. Extra scope of the role are small project management, data preparation, data analysis, model development and fundamental research in the domain of Artificial Intelligence.
Position is based in Paris area in France. French national's candidates or candidates with valid residence and legally eligible to work in France as per the applicable law should apply.
Reports to the AI Lab Manager
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The Artificial Intelligence domain aims to exploit advances in natural language processing, computer vision and machine learning to offer differentiated assets and solutions to Schlumberger product groups and platforms.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics & Statistics with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence cursus.
- Must be enrolled in and currently pursuing a PhD (PhD Research Internship)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics & Statistics with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence cursus
- 5+ years' of experience in Data Science environment
- 2 years' experience in respective AI or ML
- Machine/Deep Learning (algorithms, neural networks, ...)
- Natural Language Processing (detection, classification)
- Computer Vision (object recognition/tracking, OCR/handwriting recognition, ...)
- Speech to Text, Text to Speech
- AI vendor platforms: Google, Microsoft Azure, Amazon, IBM, ...
- Innovative, talented and energic professional
- A strong interest in leading edge technology, and in user experience/usability.
- Computer Skills (Python, Java, Go, C#/C++, TensorFlow, R, pyTorch, ...)
- Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Engineering Skills
- Communication Skills
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent Mathematical / Statistical Skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good presentation skills
- Creative and takes initiative
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.