Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, Well Control
Other Skills: Downhole tools
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client has an urgent requirement for experienced Offshore Tool Specialists to support a busy operating period throughout Q1. Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years' experience and hold all valid training and medical certification required to work in the UK North Sea.
Tools Specialists provide technical support and oversee the rigging up and running of various downhole wellbore cleaning tools; assembles and prepares tools for rig site delivery; and oversees the related processes and procedures associated with mechanical wellbore clean-up in the field.
- Interface effectively with company man and rig personnel
- Review mud program and ensure clean-up chemicals pumped as per agreed schedule/simulation with fluids engineer
- Consult with rig crew during rig up, operation and retrieval of downhole tools
- Inspect and measure finished assemblies to determine conformance to specifications
- Oversee the related processes and procedures associated with mechanical wellbore clean up in the field
- Monitor effectiveness of downhole tool performance
- Answer client questions concerning operating parameters, dimensions, and limitations
- Review schematics, tool programs, and operator well completion diagrams
- Supervise drifting and any other QA requirements of individual tools and assemblies
- Supervise correct make up torque for tools assemblies, clean-up operations and safe handling during transfer of tools
- Complete all required paperwork related to the operation
- Clean tools prior to loading into basket for backload
- 3 to 10 years run history required to demonstrate the tool types previously ran so evaluation can be determined as to experience level
Tulloch Recruitment Limited is a multi-disciplined recruitment business which was established in 1993 and has developed a proven track record for providing specialist personnel to clients across the Oil & Gas and Renewables industries.
Headquartered in Aberdeen, Tulloch Recruitment is ideally situated to service the Oil & Gas sector in the North Sea but also operates globally. Tulloch Recruitment has recently serviced clients in projects across the UK ,central Europe, the Middle East, Canada, Latin America, the United States, Africa and Australasia.