NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a large oil and gas operator company, is currently seeking a Materials Coordinator to be based in Sarnia, ON
on 12 month contract with possibility of extension.
Individuals would be required to be local to the Sarnia, ON
as no LOA or relocation will be provided. Schedule is 8 hour day, monday to friday.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify materials availability for all scheduled outage/planned and emergent work, Provide supply chain input into Plant/Mine equipment maintenance strategies where requested
- Coordinate effective and efficient logistics requirements for Routine and Shutdown work
- Consult with Procurement, OEM and vendors to develop best practices, procedures and standards with respect to materials availability
- Provide frequent updates on material availability to required parties (i.e. business, supply chain) and Lead in root cause analysis for failed supply chain processes
- Identify opportunities to consume Business Line Materials and destock inventory (utilize stock on hand) Influence B/L to select materials on hand or from preferred vendors
- Utilize proper material code with an agreement supplier
- Utilize proper material code with a non-agreement supplier
- Working in the Planner Cockpit (SAP PM rather than MM Module)
- Responsible for P2P recycle, identifying root causes, and driving resolutions
- Coordinate with logistics coordinator for timely material delivery
- Timely requisitions for break ins
- MDG requester for master data changes and improvements
- Provide guidance and assistance to the requester and supplier for getting a Vendor Master record created in SAP
- Identify SAP data issues
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelors' degree preferred
- Broad knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
- General knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Advanced time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
- Influencing with and without authority
- Organization skills
Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.