Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Title: SOX Lead Analyst
Location: MOC Houston TX Tower
Degree: Bachelors Degree required
Major Discipline: Accounting
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years' experience in controls, financial or operational accounting assignments
Certifications: CPA and/or CIA desirable
Travel Required: Minimal for controls testing
Relocation considered: Yes
The successful candidate will be a lead role on the Accounting Controls team in the SOX/Advisory group. Principal responsibility will be to contribute to the annual assessment of the Company's financial controls as required by Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 legislation.
- Contribute to the annual scoping exercise for Company's SOX 404 assertion work including determination of the quantitative and qualitative risk of the significant financial transactions and the scoping materiality thresholds.
- Prepare and update detailed controls, process, and risk documentation of the Company's business processes.
- For those business processes not prepared by the lead, assist in review of team's detailed testing.
- Help coordinate Management's controls self-testing process, which may include providing periodic training to testers and reviewers as well as perform quality assurance reviews of testing results.
- Aid in system administration of Company's control monitoring tool.
- Select key financial controls in significant transactions for testing, perform controls testing, and monitor progress of results in Company's control monitoring tool.
- Evaluate financial exposure of key control deficiencies and ensure Management has effective and timely control remediation plans. Evaluation will include communication with our external auditors.
- Assist in documenting Management's annual assessment of the effectiveness of its overall control framework.
- Maintain knowledge in effective business process internal controls, including SEC and PCAOB requirements, COSO risk and internal control framework, and IT application controls.
- Develop educational and training materials on the SOX 404 process and internal control framework and provide training to individuals in the Finance and Accounting organization.
- Facilitate quarterly SOX 302 certifications.
- Assist in various internal and external audit requests as necessary.
- Comply with all Marathon Oil Company Policies and Procedures as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Undertake other special projects and analysis as requested.
- Develop annual personal Performance Goals and review progress with Manager at least semi-annually.
- Attend educational, developmental, and team building programs sponsored by the Company.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 29786 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.