Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Modeling
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
RDS is a rig design engineering specialist working for oil and gas companies and major topsides and drilling contractors. As the engineering division of KCA DEUTAG, one of the largest international drilling contractors, our core business is to deliver a comprehensive drilling facilities engineering service at every stage of design, construction and modification.
Who We Are Looking For
KCA Deutag are currently looking for an Animation Engineer on a permanent basis located in Aberdeen. The Animation Engineer will be involved in the production of technical 3D animations using specialist software to support engineering projects and business development activities and the identification of emerging software and technologies to enhance business offering.
- Modelling and format conversion for use in 3D applications.
- Develop and manage all 3D assets associated with project.
- Scene creation using specialist lighting, rigging and importing techniques.
- Establish and agree relevant information with engineering teams in order to create accurate 3D animations.
- Storyboard creation and management.
- Manage project files and maintain tidy file folder structure on server.
- Manage in-house network render farm.
- Develop 2D motion graphics videos for marketing purposes.
- Continually develop service offering and improve efficiencies.
- Software research and development relevant to role and/or project.
- Develop and maintain an accurate suite of norms appropriate to role for use the in preparation of estimates
- Creation of media for use in business development and marketing
- Presenting service capability to existing and new RDS Clients
- Support tendering activities.
- Continually looking for opportunities for RDS Animations
Critical Software Knowledge
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Chaos Group VRAY render engine
- Backburner Render Management
- Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Understanding of coding languages
- Ability to work efficiently and adhere to deadlines.
- Work under own supervision and prioritise own workload.
- Must be proactive in seeking feedback and guidance from project teams
- Creative and technically minded.
- Advanced user of specialist design software.
- Knowledge of website design.
- Resourceful and multi-tasker.
Key Skills & Experience
- Producing animations for engineering or industrial applications
- Experience of working within an engineering environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.