Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Peterson Recruitment are currently recruiting for Material Controllers for various clients on long & short term contracts. Receiving and checking materials for onshore and offshore operations. Assist with the coordination and control of materials by preparing, loading, shipping and manifesting outbound cargo, while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Load and discharge trailers, containers and backload, ensuring compliance with procedures
• Assist with the coordination and control of materials
• Assist with the manifesting for shipping
• Assist with the management of the backload cargo dispatch process.
• Ensure safe-working practices at all times.
• Participate in toolbox talks as and when required - ensuring all relevant personnel are fully aware of the job task prior to commencement of work.
• Empowered to "stop the job" if an action is considered unsafe and report to line supervisor.
• Comply with all relevant company work instructions and procedures for each job function. Suggest any improvements to improve service delivery and amend work instructions.
• Ensure good working relationships and communication with Warehouse Supervisor and colleagues.
• Liase with clients and colleagues to ensure excellent service levels are provided and received.
• Maintain yard tidiness and general warehouse duties
Performance will be measured by customer satisfaction, service delivery and safety performance work instructions.
• Dangerous goods by sea
• Previous experience in the oil logistics industry preferred..
• Computer literate including MS office, Excel.
• Banksman Slinger certificate preferred but not essential
• Communication - Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels within organisation
• Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service
• Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity
• Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
• Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance
• Results Oriantation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence
• Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues
Job Specific Competencies
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Organised and able to priortise competeing demands
• Adaptable to changing circumstances
Taking responsibility for our actions are central to everything we do, whether honouring our promises or ensuring our safety. This can be demonstrated by taking personal responsibility for your actions. Building our leading HSE reputation.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.