Skills: Rig Instrument Tech, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Instrument Technician is part of the Area Maintenance Team responsible for carrying out Instrument preventive and corrective maintenance activities for the Qatar Shell Complex. The Instrument Technician will be accountable for the maintenance of Field Instrumentation based on approved Maintenance Strategies, Procedures and Working Instructions to ensure the Availability and Integrity of the installed field instrumentation and systems.
The job offers the unique opportunities to be a part of the Qatar Shell organization and ensure that the production is delivered as per the plan. Compliance to the Company's code of conduct, Procedures and Permit to work are mandatory requirements
- Assist in the normal operational activities through equipment inspection and maintenance activities-based QA/QC procedures and Reliability Centred Maintenance techniques
- Contribute to the reliability and integrity of the plant instrumentation equipment by application of approved standards, procedures and schedules and effect control within an ISO certified quality assurance system
- Establish materials and equipment required to complete correctly all allocated tasks
- First intervention in troubleshooting and analysis
- Ensure accurate history of maintenance & inspection activities within the Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Carry out Instrument Isolation, disconnection and connection as required
- Carry out the inspection/testing program of Instrument hand tools and portable test equipment
- Carry out condition monitoring of installed Instrument equipment and record results through the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Carry out installation works resulting from approved plant changes/projects as directed by the Instrument Supervisor
- Develop specific work instructions and update documentation on request.
- To become approved as a Competent Person for Instrument Isolation.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's Quality,Health, Safety, Environment (QHSE) policy and guidelines.
- Assist in controlling Instrument documentation / data.
- Assist in the training of other Instrument Technicians.
- Assist in training and assessing operator technicians in activities that support the Basic Equipment Care program
- Provide diagnostic skills beyond what is expected of a technician
- Participate in the Duty Roster.
- Act independently in the field.
- Promote Incident and Injury Free Culture in Qatar Shell.
- Present Lessons Learned to other Instrument personnel.
- Present MJR understanding to Company and Contract Instrument personnel.
- Possess KNOWLEDGE competency for areas other than field instrumentation, e.g. DCS, IPS, QMI.
- Possess SKILL competency in SPI.
- Contribute to maintaining equipment reliability and availability to maintain plant production.
- To assist in the Area Maintenance Section by developing and carrying out Flawless Maintenance and Turnaround practices that will achieve and sustain Qatar Shell's ambitious availability targets
- Continuous improvement of complex availability and reliability and reduction of mean time to repair
- No production loss, plant trip or quality non-conformance as a result of tasks performed
- Full utilisation of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Maintain a reasonable backlog by completing all allocated tasks within the allocated time
- No overdue preventive maintenance jobs
- To contribute to establishing technical transparency, professional competence and common focused commitment to Integrity and Reliability. This in an organisation that will be established from a diverse group of people from across the globe having differing experience and values which requires the development of new systems, procedures and logistic support.
- To work in an environment that is challenging and encourages efficient work processes, through ownership at all levels, technical competence, continuous improvement, multi-disciplinary team working with delegated leadership.
- To assist in development of Qatari nationals as required.
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world's most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell's commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world's largest LNG supplier, and Shell's global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Knowledge and experience in Instrument Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, Field Instrument Installation, Maintenance Execution and Instrumented Protective Devices Inspection and Testing is required.
- Experience in calibration, repair troubleshooting and analysis of equipment failure is required.
- The incumbent shall have knowledge in scientific principles, different measuring principles, engineering fundamentals and computer technology and have the ability to mentor junior colleagues.
- The incumbent shall have the ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment and must be able to communicate effectively.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video