Skills: Production Operator, Production Technologist, Stimulation
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for a Power Plant Chemist to work for a client based in Darwin. The role will be on a contract basis, for a minimum of 12 months (long term) and residential (Monday to Friday).
The role will involve the management of chemical programs applied to the Combined Cycle Power Plant (CCPP) including basic maintenance and calibration of online analysers associated with the CCPP. The role will also involve managing the production chemical programs associated with chilled and tempered closed loop water systems, Demin plant & Effluent Treatment System.
The power plant chemist duties will include but not be limited to the following activities:
- Monitor production chemical program performance within CCPP, Closed Loop Systems, Demin Plant and Effluent Treatment Plant.
- Manage on-going optimization of production chemical program, including chemical injection rates and pumps checks.
- Undertake basic maintenance of large number (>100 ) of online analysers and sample systems within the CCPP
- Liaise with onshore operations, Principal Production Chemist and Account Manager to provide regular updates on chemical program performance.
- Assist with troubleshooting and diagnosis of production upsets and issues.
- Assist in field trials as required.
- Manage onshore production chemicals chemical inventory with onshore logistics person.
- Perform sampling and analysis duties as applicable to management of power plant and production chemistry programs
- Provide routine written reports as detailed by
- Perform HSE walks of the facility.
Job ID #96790
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.