Skills: Electrical Engineering
Other Skills: Design, High Voltage, Distribution, Substations, Protection Systems
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Perform ETAP study (Load flow, short circuit, Arc Flash, Motor starting, Relay coordination).
Responsible for developing electrical engineering designs, electrical equipment upgrades, arc flash hazards analysis, high voltage facility power distribution system design, motor control centers, drives, wiring diagrams, and related equipment for facility power
Experience in primary and secondary electrical distribution, transmission line, High Voltages (up to 138kV), power transformers, electrical wiring details, interior electrical systems, lighting, industrial controls and control systems for electrical.
Broad knowledge of power systems, and the capability to provide a complete electrical design including step-up/isolation/earthing transformers specification, generator switchgear and switchrooms, auxiliary switchgear, distribution boards, lighting and general power, earthing systems, cable sizing, conduit and ladder, primary and secondary protection, control system specification and experience with network utility embedded generator connection processes.
Experience and knowledge in design input including Lighting & Emergency lighting, Power Distribution, High Voltage, Fire Alarm, Earthing, Security, CCTV and Cable Containment design.
Responsible for preparing interconnection applications for distribution and transmission level projects, assessing the requirements of interconnection agreements, supporting the technical aspects of interconnection project management from initiation to final connection and permission to operate.
Depth of experience in utility and ISO interconnection policies, technical project management, and best practices in generation system interconnection to distribution and transmission systems.
Knowledge of power systems: Protection system operation and reliability philosophy, Utility system practices, Three-phase power system theory/operation both static and dynamic, Short circuit theory/application, Motor generation theory/application, Reactive compensation theory, Substation configuration/construction/maintenance techniques, Transmission line configurations/design/maintenance techniques, Outage planning, and Congestion philosophy and analysis.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- BSc in Electrical (power) Engineering from a recognised university with special interest in high voltage power generation and transmission.
- Professional registration in the Contractor's home country, if applicable
- Minimum of 14 years experience in developing specifications and detail designs of high voltage (up to 138kV) substations, distribution network and associated protection systems, including several years of construction and commissioning experience.
- Shall be conversant with computers and experienced in the application of various programmes related to high voltage systems design such as load studies and fault studies.
- Fully conversant with applicable ANSI, IEEE, NFPA etc. Codes and Standards as applicable to high voltage systems.
- Fluent in English language.
- Ability to write specifications and reports in clear and effective English.
Summary of our Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 56 Days Work /21 Days Leave including travel days ( Europe & North America Candidates)
• Work Cycle of 65 Days Work /21 Days Leave including ravel days ( Other Candidates )
• 9 Hours a day / 6 Days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Air fare travel by Economy Class
• Medical Cover
• Accident Cover
• Board & lodging and internal transportation to be provided by the client
• Single Status