Skills: Chemical Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering
Other Skills: sour gas treating processes, Corrosion,cathodic protection,cathodic protection
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tripoli, Tripoli District, Libya
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for a Senior Corrosion Engineer with significant experience in the oil and gas industry and specialization in sour gas treating processes for one of our clients in Tripoli Libya, with the below Job description and desired skills / qualifications:
Assist the Process & Corrosion Superintendent in the overall management of the Section's mandates, in a timely manner, to achieve key deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume technical leadership and authority in designated corrosion/inspection engineering disciplines.
- Ensure the effective application of innovative inspection and corrosion engineering applications and specialized technologies.
- Develop the corrosion management and control strategies, and ensure implementation thereof.
- Review and evaluate results from cathodic protection surveys, none destructive tests, electrochemical and bio probes, weight-loss coupons, and other monitoring devices & corrosion control techniques used to establish the effectiveness of internal corrosion control methods.
- Deliver periodic reports on corrosion status of systems, identification and assessment of significant trends from surveys and reports received from sites.
- Develop and manage the risk-based inspection (RBI), and the risk-based assessment (RBA) processes & systems.
- Develop and manage the Annual Inspection Plans, and ensure compliance of the corrosion monitoring activities.
- Conduct remnant-life and fitness-for-service assessments of static equipment - transfer lines, pipelines, storage tanks, pressure vessels . . . etc.
- Provide authoritative technical assessment and interpretation of corrosion/inspection monitoring data.
- Maintain appropriate level of contact with site teams, 3rd parties, and other Disciplines / stakeholders to ensure effective achievement of the corrosion & inspection management objectives.
- Recommend changes in corrosion criticality analyses and monitoring / inspection programs where appropriate.
- Advise on materials selection, inspection and testing requirements, and repair techniques for static equipment (well casings & tubings, flowlines, transfer lines, pipelines, storage tanks, pressure vessels ... etc.) in a timely manner to minimize shutdowns and interruptions to operations.
- Provide expert advice to, and effectively interact with, the Corrosion Section's personnel; and actively participate in the development of national staff.
- Undertake lead failure investigations related to material and corrosion issues in accordance with prescribed or approved failure investigation procedures.
- Participate in site audits and identify areas of concern, and prepare dedicated inspection procedures to follow-up their resolution.
- Participate in the preparation of the Capital / operating budgets and monitor the financial performance against budget; so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are Identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Chartered Engineer, with relevant and valid NACE & API certifications.
- BSc in metallurgy, corrosion, chemistry or related subject.
- Extensive discipline experience in the oil & gas industry with respect to inspection techniques & technologies, corrosion control methods & instrumentations, and materials selection.
- Mastery in formulating inspection & corrosion mitigation strategies, and in translating them into workable programs with clear and measurable KPls.
- Skilled in the interpretation and application of International, National, and Local Standards, Codes of Practice, Specifications and Guidelines relating to materials, inspection and corrosion management (including mitigation control) and all other related disciplines.
- Skilled in the field of material selection (metals, non-metallic materials), corrosion principles, metallurgy, corrosion protection, corrosion management, pipeline inspection and maintenance.
- knowledge in the application of mitigation controls against materials degradation, e.g. corrosion inhibition treatment, internal lining / coating systems.
- Knowledge in the product-selection processes (lab & field trials).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - able to persuade a multi-disciplinary team of the importance of a sound material selection, inspection and corrosion mitigation strategies.
- Able to work autonomously - without supervision, and with minimal support; yet manages to produce efficient & effective results.
- Fluent in English language with respect to speaking, writing, and reading - preferably with some Arabic speaking.
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 70 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Europe & North America Candidates )
• Work Cycle of 90 Days Work /30 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Other Candidates )
• 9 Hours a day ( Including One Hour Break )
• 6 Days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Air fare travel by Economy Class
• Medical cover
• Accident Cover
• Accommodation and internal transportation will be provided
• Single Status