Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for a Rotational Measurement Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 workiing in the Gulf of Mexico.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Proving meters
- Inspection and Maintenance of meters as needed
- Maintain measurement calibration data and historical records
- Enter data into network databases
- Maintain proving equipment
- Perform verification/calibration on differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, chart recorders, and other measurement related ancillary equipment.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of over/short measurement situations
- Perform witnessing of meter proving.
- Prepare measurement tickets and associated paperwork to ensure accurate custody transfer of deliveries and receipts.
- Schedule, coordinate, perform and/or witness meter proving of custody transfer meters, control meters and densitometers.
- Maintain meter factor and densitometer trend data and perform and/or coordinate measurement equipment calibrations. Input all data on a timely basis to maintain the control chart database.
- May preform other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-5 years' experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.