Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently sourcing a Plant Operator to join our team in Pecos, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- To look for ways to continually enhance the operability and uptime of the Plant's operations and any other operations activities where previous experience indicates improvements can be made
- To provide experience in plant start-up operations
- To ensure that all facilities are maintained in an acceptable manner, that work is performed to a safe standard and authorized under the client's safe system of work
- To ensure that full benefit is obtained from planned/ unplanned shut downs with respect to repairs, modifications or tie-ins
- To Mentor Plant Operations personnel and assist in the preparation of training programs for plant operators for start-up and for continuing education on facilities operation
Help Identify opportunities to optimize production on a daily/ monthly basis by adjusting Plant throughout within the limits specified
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of start-up procedures for new facilities and changes to equipment; operating and maintenance procedures
- Assist Operations in working with Engineering, Maintenance and Construction Groups to ensure that facilities are fit for purpose and operable
- Assist Operations in coordinating with Construction and Maintenance Groups to ensure that any necessary shut downs and repairs are planned and carried out efficiently
- Participate in review and development of project safety reviews, Risk assessments, HAZOPS, JSA's, management of change, and field change proposals to change and field change proposals to provide operability input during construction and operation of plant facilities
- Assist Operations in ensuring that P&ID's and schematics are kept up to date & regularly re-issued
- To ensure that client Permit to Work System is adhered to
- Assist operations in proposing changes to facilities if safety/ operability can be improved and to help determine if new methods or technologies can be applied that would streamline and make operations more effective
- 1-3 years of Gas Plant and Refinery Industry experience with proven experience of plant operations, piping, and control operations - Degree not required
- Proven knowledge of Amine Sweetening, Inlet Liquid Recovery and Stabilization, Dehydration, Cryo, and NGL Recovery Systems
- Must be ambitious, independent and able to effectively analyse and solve problems in different Plant areas
- Must have the ability to work in a remote and challenging environment
- Must have the skills that include mentoring, team development and leadership
- Demonstrable knowledge of Safety Standards and Permit to Work Controls and PSM Facility requirements
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.