Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Priority 2 - Strategic/Proactive Hire
GAS PLANT OPERATOR
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for assisting in the operation and maintenance of a natural gas processing facility to ensure optimum plant performance. Knowledge of systems controls for natural gas processing, product treating, and compression is required.
- Responsible for plant log entries of gauges, dials, pressures, temperatures, gas throughput, liquid production, fuel consumption and other shift activities
- Assist Maintenance and I&E Techs with routine maintenance and major projects.
- Observe all safety regulations, operating, and maintenance procedures and Company policies
- Complete all necessary monthly/daily/shift reports and computer work including environmental, safety, plant logs, near misses, down time and overall operation reports
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance on various types of plant equipment, such as engines, compressors, dehydrators, turbines, pumps, and other plant equipment; communicates findings to supervision or technicians.
- Start/stop operating equipment such as compressors, process skids, etc.
- Perform general housekeeping on operating and idle equipment
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of plant, equipment, and systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Full knowledge of instrumentation and controls associated with natural gas processing
- 2-3 years of processing experience and 2 years as plant process board operator
- Able to speak fluent English and have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Have a good understanding of plant principles and operations
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and is subject to random drug testing
- Must have ability to respond in a timely manner to any emergency
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must be able to interface effectively with many internal and external customers, regulatory officials, company contacts and co-workers, strong communication skills and a positive attitude are required for this position as well as the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be capable of lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Must be capable of vigorous outdoor activities and have manual dexterity with physical ability to work extended hours, climbing, bending, kneeling, squatting, working with arms extended above the head, twisting upper body, standing for long periods, walking on catwalks, working in confined spaces, exposure to extreme weather conditions, driving a vehicle, operation of forklifts and light industrial equipment
- Required to work rotating shift schedule, be on 24 hours call as needed, and work relief coverage for both plant operations and truck loading dutie
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Field Operators in the Carlsbad, NM.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Responsible for assisting in the operation of natural gas processing facility to ensure optimum plant performance, including monitoring operations of natural gas processing plant, product treating, compression, making necessary adjustments, performing inspections and conducting preventive maintenance. Oversee the overall operation of the plant. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve plant functions. Exchange information to maximize plant production, quality and efficiency.
- Operates plant facilities' various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: Gas plant processing, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet and gas receivers
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responsible for plant start up or shut down when needed
- Monitoring plant remotely via electronic surveillance devices to insure operations are running smoothly
- Provides guidance to Plant Tech and Mechanics to insure plant is operating at ideal levels
- Communicates plant performance and remediation recommendations to ICC and local leadership
- Manage acceptable condensate levels within plant specifications
- Engaging stakeholders to develop and communicate monthly and daily operational targets.
- Providing information and guidance based on a consolidation of data and a broad perspective of day to day operational performance.
- Coordinating/supporting responses to abnormal operating events and crisis events
- High school degree or GED,
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- 2 years' experience in a gas processing facility
- Valid Driver's license
- Mechanically Inclined
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Diversity Statement (EEO) Spanish
Somos una empresa comprometida con la igualdad de oportunidades que reconoce el valor de la diversidad de las personas. Todas las personas que cumplan con los requisitos profesionales de las ofertas serán evaluados para el puesto en base a un criterio objetivo, sin tener en cuenta, entre otras: la raza, color, edad, religión, género, nacionalidad, discapacidad, orientación sexual, identidad de género, estatus de veterano protegido, o cualquier otra característica contemplada en la legislación aplicable vigente.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.