Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is a global company with local roots and here in the Carlsbad area actively recruiting for Mechanical Technicans.
Wood offers competitive pay, excellent benefits and career advancement opportunities.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Assists mechanical engineers in the planning and testing of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery, such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc.
- Helps prepare proposals and cost estimates.
- Actively participate in the use of all on the job safety tools
- Identify any safety issues associated with job end ensure removal/mitigation prior to working
- Execute work as planned
- Record technical history as required by workgroup. (Global Reliability Tool (GRT), data sheet, etc.)
- Provide feedback on job pack improvements to Execution FLS
- Request permits and notify Supervisor if permit cannot be issued within 30 minutes of requested time
- 10/4 Day rotation
- Per Diem offered
- Prefer candidates that live in 50-60 mile radius of Carlsbad
- 5 + years of closely related field experience
- Discipline appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience
- Strong communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.