Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator, Laborer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver City, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currently recruiting a Forklift operator for Denver City, TX
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep yard clean and organized, free of clutter, trash, weeds, and landscape as needed.
- Maintain the organization of containers by container type and product type.
- Clean and prepare containers for use and transport
- Ensure equipment and containers are in good working condition
- Inspect forklift daily and notify Supervisor if repairs are needed.
- Safely operate the forklift and additional equipment to complete daily tasks
- Assist in the safe loading and unloading of products within the yard
- Secure yard and ensure all products and equipment stored properly
- On-call for yard emergencies, including deliveries
- Communicate with supervisor on an ongoing basis issues, concerns, and business trends obtained by communicating with drivers and visiting clientele
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails as needed (future task)
- Other duties may be assigned
A High School Diploma or a GED; or six months to one-year related experience and training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of awareness to promote safety
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Current state driver's license
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.