Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Supply & Distribution
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Beijing, Beijing, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Retail Learning Advisor China will be reporting to the Manager Learning Retail and working in parallel with the Advisor Learning - Leadership Development. He or she is a member (virtual) of the Global Retail Learning community.
Together with the Learning Manager, he/she will drive capability building for Retail China with special focus in the Joint-Ventures (JVs). Closely work with the Learning Manager to design and deliver the Shell China Retail Learning Plan including that for the JVs and Wholly Owned Foreign Expertise (WOFE). The role will require Performance Consulting and Business Partnering capability, and to drive Continuous Improvement with Commercial thinking and mind-set.
Position description - Special Challenges
• Heavy demand for capability building at all levels of the organization and some complexity due to working relationships with various JVs and their respective business partners.
• All communication with JVs is currently done in Mandarin.
• Capability building is key to success to fuel the aggressive business growth in Retail China through the JV operating model. However under NOV (Non-Operated Venture) model, Shell can only provide guidance and limited learning support to improve the organizational learning capability. The learning solutions offered must be effective, innovative and fit for purpose.
• Maintain effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organsiation. Influencing internal stakeholders (various business leaders and HR, global learning team) and external stakeholders (JV Operations, HR and training teams, TMs, Retailers etc.).
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
• Understanding of Retail business and/or prior experience in the area of learning and development.
• Strong engagement and communication skills to be applied with various internal and external stakeholders, F2F and virtually.
• Ability to operate with minimum supervision yet effectively engage various stakeholders (central China team + JV teams)
• Demonstration of the Enterprise First behaviors (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork) and Shell core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People)
• Ability to challenge and influence, while balancing global requirements/standards with local priorities
• Has experience to use a wide range of media and methods in engaging a diverse
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.