Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATIONS NORTH FIELD ALPHA
Primary Purpose of Job
Ensure the integrity and sustainability of the Gas Production Facilities at NFA by effective maintenance management of the instrumentation and control systems.Manage quality instrument maintenance implementation programs that match the department policy for the integrated gas production facilities at NFA.
• B.Sc. in a relevant Engineering with 10year experience or HND in relevant discipline with 15 year experience with an aptitude for understanding drawings, P&ID's and cause and effects of complex microprocessor and/or pneumatic based field and package instrumentations control systems.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 10 years varied experience in the installation, maintenance and fault finding of electronics and pneumatic instruments and control system in the petrochemical industry.
• Operates within the framework of overall maintenance programmes, determining the actual work content of corrective maintenance work requests and setting priorities for work within monthly programmes. Operates in accordance with maintenance policy and applicable technical and industry standards, referring major problems, usually non-technical to the Senior Maintenance Operation Engineer / OIS. Work is subject to review.
• Monitors the use of contractors and controls on-site DCS/Instrument work undertaken by contractors. Explains procedures at the "permit to work" stage, coordinates such work with the Corporation's personnel within the Section, requests assistance from other trades if and when required. Monitors and manages / controls work progress.
• Personally carries out the more complex maintenance and repair activities of the section, such as checking and replacing complicated interlocks and shutdown equipment and components, replacing and / or repairing Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) replacing servers, clients, electronic modules, power supplies and electronic components. Calibrates complex instrumentation and control systems, analyses faults on electronic circuits, particularly for digital, and microprocessor-based instruments.
• Prepares job packs for those jobs that cannot be carried out in a running plant due to operational constraints. Job packs include work specifications, man-hours estimation, identification and sourcing of required material, compiling all relevant documents like permit to work, P&ID, schematic drawings, vendor drawings, plot plan etc.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.