Pleasanton, Texas, United States
Pleasanton, Texas, United States
Skills: Operations Management, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
Other Skills: Solids Handling experience, Drag Reducing Agents knowledge
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Strong Base Salary (DOE) + Bonus + 6% 401K match + excellent benefits
Location: Pleasanton, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Our partner is a leading international specialty chemicals company with sales in excess of $1 billion. With a global team of approximately 2000+ employees, located in more than 20 countries, their footprint in market is both large and varied. With manufacturing plants located in both North America and Europe, our partner produces innovative chemical solutions for the oilfield, oil refinery and personal care markets.
Their Oilfield Services business is a market leader in designing, formulating and producing oilfield chemicals for drilling, completions and production applications. With a focus on delivering the very best chemical technologies to drive performance, they support customers and projects in every major play/ basin within the United States. With a new manufacturing plant located in Pleasanton, Texas, we are seeking an experienced Plant Manager to join this team. Purposed for the manufacture of proprietary Drag Reducing Agents for application to improve pipeline throughput and reduce energy required in pumping operations; this cutting-edge facility and technology requires a hands-on leader willing to roll up their sleeves and work alongside operations.
In this role you will be responsible for the safe and effective manufacture to create finished client specific products: their formulation, packaging and shipment; as well as the management of the facility and the teams that work in support of this including Operators, logistic personnel and the entire physical plant itself including compliance with all Federal and State regulations associated with our plant's activities and supporting personnel.
As such, your previous experience managing a chemical manufacturing facility (minimum eight years), with a preference for previous experience in Solids Handling systems, coupled with post-secondary education in either Chemistry or Chemical Engineering will be both appreciated and valued. An analytical thinker, with a strong penchant for safety and a demonstrated track record in team management; your strong work ethic and excellent communication skills will be appreciated when timelines are tight and when working to deadline.
Plant and Production Management
- Manage all plant functions and plant personnel, production volumes/ schedules, yields, costs, quality and SHE programs
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation and record retention for plant operations (SOP's logs), material management, quality systems
- Implement effective systems for controlling costs: capital, operating expense, manpower, wages and salaries
- Manage RM (raw material) receiving, inventory control, stock takes, and all accounting related interfaces
- Manage Plant Maintenance programs, including break/fix, and preventative maintenance programs in accordance with company policy and guidelines
- Handling and management of hazardous materials, including waste management
- Timely and accurate use of ERP system
- Ensure compliance with the Manufacturing Vision as applied to Drag Reducing Agents (DRA) plant operations, especially tracking / reporting & cost control, housekeeping/site appearance.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish company goals and objectives, including training new hires
- Accountable for selection, promotion, performance and optimum utilization of subordinates.
- Motivate subordinates to achieve facility goals by communicating short term and long term objectives. Allow for and recognize individual accomplishments.
- Stay abreast of all regulatory requirements and ensure facility activities meet or exceed those requirements.
- Monitor and maintain a safe, orderly and clean work environment that ensures maximum employee safety and ensures governmental regulations are followed.
- A college degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with minimum 8 years relevant manufacturing management experience, or 10 years relevant work experience in chemical production
- Solid Specialty Chemical / chemical process/facility management experience
- Experience in Solids Handling Systems
- Synthesis plant experience, unit/plant manager role experience - (possibly in a Pilot Plant)
- Ability to maximize production, reduce costs, motivate staff and develop an aggressive, positive manufacturing facility.
- Excellent computer skills including ERP experience and spreadsheets
- Highly competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Lovely 401(k) program with company match to 6%
Interested? Let's Chat!