Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Under the guidance of the Manager of Programming and Development, the Programmer Analyst III develops in-house applications for ProTechnics. The programmer is expected to conduct system analysis, development, and routine maintenance with limited support from professional staff to keep systems current with changing business requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming and development of applications and systems using C#, .NET Framework 4.5, WPF/Silverlight, T-SQL, SSRS, ASP.NET, and other evolving technologies.
- Review, analyze, modify and maintain programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting applications to produce a consistent visual image and functional application.
- Works with business content owners and a variety of content providers, departments, and divisions of the company to provide advice to management on architectural concepts and functional capabilities as needed.
- Monitors assigned help desk activities to ensure requests or issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Researches technologies to keep abreast of latest development and programming tools, training, hardware, etc. to recommend new technologies to be utilized.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years programming experience with multiple languages, libraries and software frameworks C#, .NET Framework 4.5, WPF/Silverlight, T-SQL, SSRS, and ASP.NET).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL databases and creating complex queries.
- Experience with database design.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET and web development is a plus
- Knowledge of VBA and MS Office Development is a plus
- Worked on several enterprise level projects in the past.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, understanding of good coding practices
- Knowledge of dependency injection. Experience with at least one DI container is a plus.
- Experience with using source control software.
- Time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills to work with a variety of people on a variety of projects.
- Experience with using project management techniques, processes, and project plans.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Strong communication skills both written and spoken, ability to write technical documentation. Ability to speak effectively before groups of internal customers and employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make decisions with incomplete information and propose solutions for business questions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The job is typically performed in a normal off ice environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles in other work areas.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.