Skills: Business Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
The Business Development Representative I is a central point of contact for the Integrated Reservoirs Solution (IRS) business unit clients utilizing the RAPID„¢ technologies and services. The Business Development Representative I position not only provides services for the domestic market, but also presents a global overview for current and potential clients throughout the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The role of the Business Development Representative I is to develop, increase and maintain business for the business unit.
- The Business Development Representative I must be able to communicate well and have a working knowledge of the business needs of business unit clients. Thorough analytical experience/expertise is essential for supporting the business unit products.
- Works closely with the rest of the business unit to assist in identifying system improvements for current or future projects.
- Make suggestions to business partners in leveraging technology to improve or automate the rendering of information used by the business unit.
- Other responsibilities include maintaining client portfolios and relationships. The definition of €˜maintaining' will include receiving and distributing all client information including instructions, requirements, questions and concerns. Contact with the client on a regular basis is required. This may include meetings, office visits, lunch/dinner appointments, conferences and seminars, as well as telephone contact with the client.
- Communication with the Business Development Manager is required and essential in order to solve client problems in a proactive and timely manner.
- The Business Development Representative I is expected to maintain good client relationships with current clients and have a knowledge of the market place and industry in order to forecast new business.
- The Business Development Representative I must be available to assist clients at all times. Cell phones and laptop computers are made available to enable the Business Development Representative I to operate outside the office and outside of office hours. Domestic travel will be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College degree required, with an emphasis in the sciences preferred. Two (2) years of experience with business development. Background in core analysis, fluid analysis and well completion a plus.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills focused on data deliverables.
- Knowledge of Spotfire® or similar data visualization software preferred. Experience in R a plus.
- Willingness to pursue further in Data Analytics & BI.
- Demonstrated ownership & leadership of analytics and/or data deliverables.
- Good knowledge of computer and programing languages.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytic, organization, presentation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
- Must be proactive in meeting customer needs and have an enthusiastic approach to selling and marketing our services.
- Ability to interact effectively with client and Core Lab personnel seeking information.
Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write technical correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers and/or other employees of the organization.
Working knowledge of Algebra. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to resolve problems with minimum supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.