Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron's Information Risk Strategy & Management organization is seeking a self-directed professional with forensics experience to fill the open position of Forensics Investigator.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct computer forensics investigations and provide forensics experience for the team.
- Work with an experienced team of forensics and security professionals, attorneys, and corporate partners.
- Possess digital forensics experience and a strong understanding of industry protocols and tools.
- Provide corporate forensics services (e.g. internal investigations, eDiscovery for law, IRSM investigations, etc.), specifically related to electronic evidence.
- Perform forensics functions to acquire the data in an approved forensics manner, preserve the data as evidence, forensically extract and analyze information (digital data) from any Chevron electronic storage, and guaranteeing its accuracy and reliability for a court of law, if necessary.
- Experience with digital forensics tools and processes to acquire and store electronic artifacts.
- Analyze complex forensics artifacts (e.g. internet history, unallocated/slack space, memory, registry) conduct timeline analysis, and create an investigative report detailing the investigative steps performed and the relevant findings.
- Bachelors degree in computer forensics or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years as an examiner working in the digital forensics field
- Russian language fluency is a strongly desireable competence.
- Digital forensic certifications (past or present)
- Extensive understanding of the legalities of performing digital forensic services.
- Experience or understanding of testifying in a court of law as a witness for a matter with a digital forensics evidence component.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of chain of custody and industry best practices related to evidence handling.
- Understand data privacy issues related to forensics investigations and adhere to them.
- Proficient operation of digital forensic software and hardware including EnCase, FTK, Axiom, Paladin, Tableau write blockers, Cellebrite UFED and Physical Analyzer, and various other forensic programs (or equivalents).
- Demonstrate proper acquisition techniques and analysis of digital evidence.
- Processes evidence and demonstrates proper handling procedures.
- Bachelors degree in computer forensics preferred
- Strong grasp of technical infrastructure including: PC hardware, Operating system software, network security and system logs, Outlook/Exchange Messaging, and mobile devices.
- Understand IT systems knowledge (Hardware, Software, Network) and electronically stored information (ESI) data sources.
- Work well in a team environment and detail oriented.
- Understands and makes decision related to the forensics infrastructure best practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to conduct investigations and to lead meetings with internal employees and leaders.
- Communicates with others regarding possible data privacy issues and compliance requirements.
- Prepares final reports for external entities such as government agencies and outside counsel.
- Experience with handling restricted or highly-confidential issues and information in a business enterprise.
Relocation will considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.