Skills: Business Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
A cross business global role providing analytical support for critical spends that has a significant value impact to Shell. The category analyst undertakes activities necessary to provide functional analysis, knowledge process and consulting support for the Category Management team in Contracting & Procurement.
• Contribute significant strategic, conceptual and analytical skills to various assets/category teams by developing insights, building cost escalation forecasts, conducting price variance analysis, building should cost models, external benchmarks to identify opportunities to drive "most competitive supply chains efforts
• Develop & maintain capabilities to identify and analyse market & competitive trends including support to Category Managers on appropriate strategy development activities
• Build & maintain robust stakeholder relationships - e.g. working closely with cross business and competitive intelligence teams
• Comply with HSSE requirements and other agreed compliance areas
Dimension: Working as a part of the team involves
• A committed team player willing to learn from and share across the team
• Analysis of market and industry information to produce insights which feed as inputs to other projects, recommendations, tracking signals etc.
• Engage in cost modelling and benchmarking projects and provide analytical insights across range of categories in the Oil and gas supply chain
• Working across categories to develop country/Asset specific supply chain insights
• Provide outputs/communication in the form of point-of-view presentations, reports, analysis etc. as required
• Support Category management in developing demand forecast, spend insights, category strategies and provide analytical support during tender analysis and negotiations
• Producing thought papers on best practices/emerging trends in Supply chain excellence and support C&P category and frontline team in implementing these best practices
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
• More than Five (5) years of professional experience in areas related to business analysis in focusing on technical and commercial aspects of business related contracting, procurement and strategic sourcing. Oil and gas industry experience is an added advantage
• Key skills required to succeed in this role
• Experience in Market Intelligence of direct and indirect spend categories.
• Experience in Supplier analysis and Sourcing strategies, Contract Management
• Experience in price benchmarking
• Experience preparing Should cost estimates for products and services. Product cost estimation is an added advantage
• Experience in Management Consulting is an advantage - specifically structured problem solving, constructive challenge/probing
• Individual should be able to engage and drive forward work activities across full scope of current or planned projects but not necessarily as an expert in all areas.
• Ability to work in a consulting environment on projects with varying complexity and high ambiguity
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concisely and coherent manner
• Mature attitude coupled with effective interpersonal skills, communication & listening skills
• Affinity to people and ability to work in ever evolving teams as well as delivering through others. Good relationship skills are key as regular interaction with a broad range of stakeholders, at varying levels of seniority in a time of change
• Strong analytical abilities, able to handle/interpret large volumes of data, out of box thinking to provide valuable insights (the so what?) on economic, technical, financial and/or commercial areas to support decision making
• Proficiency across Microsoft tools like PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio. Spotfire is desirable.
• A wider affinity with and interest in (energy) policy, regulatory, technology and socio-economic matters on a global scale and the energy industry would be an advantage
• Willingness and behavioural ability to travel and work internationally on short-term assignments
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.