Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Director of Enterprise Solutions is responsible for the overall architecture, design, and delivery of Nabors' enterprise solutions. Reporting to the Sr. Director, this person is the Lead Architect and leads a team of Technical Managers, Systems Analysts (Developers), and Product Managers supporting technology initiatives and delivering development projects. The role requires someone who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced and high pressure environment and requires strong project and people management skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the development, implementation and maintenance of application systems initiatives in order to provide information throughout the organization.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in current and emerging application/systems development technology in order to offer solution architecture recommendations
- This position oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of computer programs for end user applications and portals specifically related to HSE and back office functions.
- Analyzes and investigates applications development tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations
- Provides leadership to product teams, prioritizing projects and ensuring commitments are met while providing high quality, cost effective systems that meet expectations. Team responsibilities include:
- Directs and manages staff career paths including hiring, performance management and assessment, development, mentoring and training of the development team maintaining an efficient operation
- Management of global delivery model between onsite and offshore
- Holds team accountable for their work by setting expectations, achieving commitments, providing feedback, and evaluating effectiveness
- Ensuring proper software system design, unit and integration testing, system installation and system maintenance are performed
- Monitoring the development and documentation of new coding standards and techniques as well as new technologies to be utilized
- Facilitating enforcement of coding standards and performing regular reviews of existing software and in-process applications
- Ensuring projects achieve success criteria by monitoring statuses and reporting on a regular basis to management
- Leading reviews and inspections of requirements documents and ensuring all documentation is accounted for in regards to the Software Development Life Cycle
- Taking ownership and accountability for proposed solutions
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Master's Degree
- A minimum of 10 years management experience or total equivalent experience
- At least five years as a Technical Architect with experience on software development practices
- Management of a technology team of at least 40 people
- Experience in supporting a broad range of technologies and application platforms, including but not limited to: .Net, Oracle, SalesForce.com, Java, Control systems
- Profound understanding of enterprise business functions and related systems
- Formal Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Experience working closely with IT managers and development teams
- Agile Certification (optional)
- Strong people & business communication skills
- Strong leadership, innovation, interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Good organization, prioritization & multi-tasking abilities
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.