Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech, Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Pipeline Supervisor for thier operations in the Hobbs, NM area.
- Provide project management oversight for maintenance and construction of new field pipelines
- Responsible for maintaining gathering system and associated facilities including pigging operations.
- Support pipeline SCADA and plant operations.
- Provide support for field technicians as needed
- Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner.
- Attend safety meetings and work safely.
- Maintain relationships with local regulators.
- Attend conferences and training to stay current in products pipeline regulations.
- Respond to one call as needed
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-10 years of related pipeline operations experience.
- The ability to understand meter schematics, pipeline flow characteristics, and to have a fundamental knowledge of gas plant operations
- The ability to diagnose and analyze problems and determine the appropriate course of action for the particular circumstance
- Fundamental understanding of measurement practices
- Familiar with SCADA and leak detection.
- Knowledge and understanding of plants and compression
- Familiar with One Call System.
- Fundamental knowledge of company safety, labor, and personnel procedures and guidelines
- Commitment to ES&H compliance
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- 2-5+ years of supervisor experience
- Recognize and react to problems before small problems become major problems
- Able to properly prioritize work
- Realize the importance of customer relationships and responding to their needs appropriately
- Understand cost control and budgets
- Effectively plan, coach, review and give feedback to employees about performance and developmental needs
- Able to clearly communicate with outside groups, such as customers, suppliers, contractors, and vendors
- Able to deal with different personalities
- Accepts accountability for all aspects of job performance
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Values experiences and contributions of others
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.