Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: Telemetrics, Telemetric, Telemetry, DOT, ELD, Electronic Logging Device
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Angelo, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Summary: The Telemetric Technician I is primarily responsible for the installation and repair of Electronic Logging Devices (ELD's) and/or other electronic safety devices, implementing standards and tracking as set forth by the Lead Telemetric Technician and the DOT Compliance Manager. The Level I Technician is also expected to demonstrate an ability to learn all aspects of the equipment and will get all technical assistance from a higher level Telemetric Tech or the Lead Telemetric Tech.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Complies with all company safety policies and procedures
- Promotes ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and leads by example
- Communicates clearly by ensuring comprehension of issues and answering questions via phone calls/email as needed, or face to face.
- Promotes Operations, DOT and HR policies, procedures and standards
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs ELD's and associated equipment with assistance from senior Telemetric Techs
- Tracks and documents failures and repairs of ELDs and other electronic safety devices
- Coordinates with District DOT Coordinator/Supervisor to verify any violations reported due to equipment glitch or failure, and identifies and facilitates repairs or replacement of faulty units
- Travels to various remote fleet locations to conduct equipment audits and repairs.
- Coordinates with more senior technicians to set and accomplish daily goals as directed by the Lead Telemetric Technician and the DOT Compliance Manager.
- When available, assist rig up drivers with quick resolution of small electronic problems to ensure compliance before leaving the yard
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid driver's license and meet company insurance requirements
- Previous experience with electronics and GPS mapping
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including long and/or occasionally irregular hours
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly quantify and clearly communicate problems effectively at all levels
- Must possess flexibility and the capacity to handle a wide range of situations and personalities
- Must be extremely detail and standard oriented
- Must be familiar with electronics and computer systems in general, vehicular electronics specifically, and must have familiarity with standard computer programs and systems used in the normal office environment
U.S. Well Services, LLC is a Houston, Texas based oilfield services provider of well stimulation services to the upstream oil and gas industry. The company is currently under contract to perform services in the Marcellus and Utica shale regions in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania and is also evaluating opportunities with existing and new customers to expand our operations into new areas throughout the United States. USWS utilizes an exciting new technology, currently in WV, called Clean Fleet®. This is a proprietary, patented system developed by U.S. Well Services that incorporates existing industry equipment configured to provide fracturing services with enhanced safety features, smaller physical and environmental footprints, and reduced noise levels at a lower cost relative to traditional fracturing equipment. The Clean Fleet® is the industry’s first fully mobile, fully electric hydraulic fracturing system that is powered entirely by natural gas whereby conventional diesel engines are totally replaced with electric motors. USWS also operates seven (7) fleets of high-spec conventional equipment comprising one of the youngest fleets of equipment in the industry.