Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is recruiting a Senior Risk Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen City Centre on a fixed-term staff basis for 12 months.
- To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of all Risk Management activities and associated documents on multiple project scopes / business endeavours.
- Ensure application of Risk Management process to assigned Operating Unit projects throughout their full lifecycles.
- Provide guidance and support of junior Risk Engineers throughout their training.
- To promote and build good working relations within the internal and external teams.
- Maintain a high level awareness and application of Risk Management activities within each project.
- To be fully conversant with the application and use of WorleyParsons Services UK Ltd Risk Management suite of tools and chosen software applications.
- Prepare, update and maintain project Risk Management activities, throughout the project lifecycle and across the 7 step process:
- Ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated Risk Management Plans and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- Provide guidance to Project personnel in defining Risk Management objectives based on project objectives and support application of the risk process.
- Utilise a number of risk identification techniques in order to facilitate risk identification sessions
- Develop and implement risk assessment criteria as part of a project risk register.
- Assist Risk Owners with the selection of appropriate risk response strategies and development of action plans to address identified risks.
- To assist project or functional personnel in the familiarisation and consistent application of Risk Management software tools and associated process.
- Facilitate Risk workshops and develop project Risk Registers which act as repositories for all risk related information.
- Conduct with Cost / Schedule Risk Analysis Workshop sessions, facilitating workshops and developing associated outputs.
- Support and encourage managers and business units in the use of Decision Analysis on projects where applicable.
- Ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated reports and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- Regularly engage with project teams, attending and contributing to project meetings as deemed appropriate.
- Provide input to development in project Risk Registers and continual improvement of corporate templates.
- HNC / HND (in relevant discipline)
- IRM International Certificate in Risk Management (or an alternative risk qualification)
- BA or BSc degree (min. 2:1) in Risk Management, alternative subjects considered can include: Project Management, Engineering, other analytical disciplines.
- Previous Risk experience (ideally circa 5 years) across relevant Risk Management activtiies
- Specialist knowledge in Risk Management software, i.e. Primavera Risk Analysis, @Risk / other MCS
- Software and experienced with quantitative risk analysis (i.e. cost / schedule risk analysis).
- Demonstrable involvement within oil gas & industry and / or cross-over experience from a comparable technical industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the upstream offshore oil and gas industry and / or downstream petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge of various project risk management software applications
- Ability to support departmental audit on both the Risk systems and Risk processes.
- Experience in internal project delivery processes and procedures (e.g. IDM, interaction with DCC.)