Skills: Logistics Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Provide safe and efficient logistics services for the distribution of Shell Chemicals products in both China and Korea in a way that is consistent with the Shell Chemicals Operating model, business requirements and with HSSE, quality and sustainable development policies.
- Procure services and manage contracts with logistics service providers in co-operation with the procurement organization (C&P).
- Manage the Land Logistics and Storage & Handling to deliver the products in a timely, safe & reliable manner at lowest Cost to Serve (CtS), while managing the HSSE risks to ALARP.
- Manage the existing terminal operators and monitor the performance. Give proper guideline for HSSE competency development.
Deliver HSSE safety performance of logistics operations in line with commercial product lines, ex. HSSE performance review with service providers (4 times / yr).
- Monitor and report on service and performance targets for logistics that are consistent with business service level and cost requirements and with the regional Land and Marine Logistics strategies targets.
- Network effectively with the business product lines and other functional groups in Chemicals Operations, such as supply chain, customer centre, and finance, in order to deliver the targeted logistics performance.
- Operate the land logistics network in order to ensure that logistics services are provided according to the requirements, including continuous improvement of logistics processes, solving operational problems and resolution of logistics-related claims/complaints.
- Provide SME support HODer land logistics operation in Korea
- Take the contract holder role of SETL bounded tank in China and provide the support from local
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
1. University graduate
2. Previous experience with Operation processes or similar processes in other CoB in Downstream is an advantage.
3. Previous experience in a B2B Commercial role would be an advantage.
4. Basic supply chain or logistics knowledge is required.
5. Project management experience is preference.
6. Fast learner.
7. Strong commitment and leadership of HSSE, with a proactive approach that focuses on prevention of incidents and reduction of risk.
8. Willingness to learn and a high operational sense of urgency with hands-on approach to resolve operational issues
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.