Skills: Logistics Management, Materials Management , Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
STRATEGIC SOURCING SPECIALIST
This new role within the Corporate Procurement organization provides a unique and exciting opportunity to support direct and indirect material and service procurement across the Company. The mission is to derive maximum value by developing and executing sourcing strategies that leverage the Company's spend and provide value in supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance. The company is transitioning its Procurement function from a limited decentralized structure to a center-led Procurement organization Company-wide, first within the US and then globally over the next few years. This role could grow and develop as the Procurement function expands throughout the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies that improve cost, lead times, working capital and payment terms, mitigate supply continuity risks, ensure high quality materials/services and rationalize the supply base.
- Analyze market trends and spend across multiple locations to create leverage, identify sourcing alternatives, and drive cost reduction activities for indirect and direct materials and services.
- Assist in developing internal policies, procedures and tools necessary to implement strategic sourcing initiatives, including the development of the procurement functionality in Oracle.
- Work collaboratively with others in Procurement and Operations to conduct competitive sourcing events, lead contract negotiations, and execute long-term supply agreements with key strategic suppliers to drive favorable contract terms and pricing.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships that create and sustain a competitive advantage in cost, quality and delivery.
- Monitor strategic supplier key performance indicators (KPIs), conduct supplier business reviews, and implement supplier continuous improvement plans.
- Experience developing RFPs, negotiating and managing master purchase and supply agreements.
- Knowledgeable in sourcing strategy development and execution.
- Able to persuade, influence and explore alternatives that meet strategic procurement objectives.
- Team player/builder with ability to work effectively across business or functional lines.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, negotiation, organizational, and decision making skills.
- Able to operate independently and under pressure, multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Experience building effective strategic supplier relationships.
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Professional, ethical conduct and demeanor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Experience in Oracle purchasing system is preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, or technical field. Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience required, along with 3 years of direct/indirect strategic sourcing experience. CPM or CPSM professional purchasing certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate by telephone, effectively manipulate documents, effectively prepare documents, and move throughout the office.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.