Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cabinda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Inspection Division is a major provider of engineering, inspection and non-destructive testing services, with worldwide capability to the petrochemical, power generation, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Corrosion monitoring/mapping, report writing, communicating, safety, NDT inspection and corrosion monitoring for pipes, structures, vessels, tanks, raisers, etc. are integral part of the job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- NDT inspection using Ultrasonic / Radiography / Magnetic Particle / Liquid or Dye Penetrant Techniques based on client / Site requirements.
- Visual Inspection
- Prepare and present inspection reports.
- Mentoring and coaching of host country nationals
- Supervising of new or trainee technicians while carrying out site work activities
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Actively participate in safety meetings and tool box talks as required by company and client.
Ensure that Radiation Safety procedures are adhered to at all times and that required documentation is kept updated.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - RT - level 2 - Radiographic Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - UT - level 2 - Ultrasonic Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - MT - level 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - PT - level 2 - Dye/Liquid Penetrant Testing
NOTE: Third Party ASNT certificate holders will be required to undergo Oceaneering Certificate and successful completion is a mandatory requirement to acquire this position
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - ET - level 2 - Eddy Current Testing
- PCN / CSWIP / ASNT - VT - level 2 - Visual Inspection
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years' experience in corrosion monitoring / mapping
- Minimum 5 years' experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 5 years' experience in NDT inspection in the Oil and Gas Industry utilizing Rope Access
- Radiographic Interpretation and UT TKY are a plus
- Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques
- Previous experience of coaching and mentoring
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suits
- Gives and receives constructive feedback while coaching and mentoring activities
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within the work group
This position is considered SITE / INDOORS which is characterized as follows:
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Includes exposure to contaminants and chemicals
- Requires working with radiation
- Requires working at heights
- Requires working in cramped confined work spaces and getting into awkward body positions
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.