Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Responsible for the movement of domestic and international goods in compliance with local and international law.
- Role requires knowledge of all possible movement constraints, experience in one or two transport modes (Ocean, Air or Land) and knowledge of hazardous movements.
- Coordinates pre-shipping instructions and works with service provider(s) on movements.
- Coordinates orders for shipment of cargo from point of origin to point of destination, to ensure product meets required delivery in the most efficient method, while interfacing with the customers to keep them apprised of progress.
- All files must be maintained per shipping requirements.
- Gathers data on value of the service provider and analyzes business' short-term needs while planning movement of shipments.
- Requires the use of logistics systems to perform job duties, and ensure correct and timely movement transactions.
- Responsible for recording data measurements to help follow trends in order to identify alternative ways to improve the moves and logistics services to the economic benefit of Halliburton.
- Responsible for packing, marking, labeling and measuring cargo to provide accurate weight & dimensions.
- This function will utilize SAP and other logistics systems to perform job duties, and ensure correct and timely movement.
- Job tasks performed correctly impact directly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability and/or operations.
- Requires the ability to assist F&A (finance and accounting) with validation of rates and charges on invoices.
- Requires completion of a two year degree or equivalent degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or Engineering plus 1 to 2 years of experience in logistics. Bachelor's degree preferred. IATA/IMDG certification may be required based on scope of work.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
11 Tuas South Avenue 12, Singapore, Singapore, 637131, Singapore
Requisition Number: 67574
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.