Skills: Engineering Manager, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Accountable to know what industry accepted "Best in Class" is for their area of responsibility and accountable for driving towards that level of performance, including annualized cost, duration, and scoping. This includes identifying and sponsoring capital projects to improve the maintainability of the units.
- Works closely with (partners with) the Site TA Manager to ensure that appropriate resources are dedicated to the planning and execution of the High Complexity TA.
- Accountable for the safety performance of all personnel on assigned events.
- Responsible for delivery of the T/A event within approved premises. Delivery includes predictability within a competitive cost structure.
- Development of premises for assigned turnaround and delivery of those premises including proposed turnaround duration and cost targets and gap to potential closure plans
- Actively contributes and sponsors the development of the turnaround contracting strategy.
- Partners with Operations organization and support groups for scope definition
- Accountable for planning and execution of assigned turnaround events(s)
- Ensures that consistent planning premises are incorporated into the planning process - estimating tools, productivity factors, etc.
- Incorporates best practices and learnings from previous events
- Development of the staffing plan to plan and execute the assigned turnaround
- Ensure all scope is captured in T/A workpack - maintenance, local and major capital projects, turnaround projects, and other program work (CUI, RRP, PCRs etc.) - are integrated into a single schedule for execution.
- Development of T/A Milestone schedule consistent with Downstream T/A work process for high complexity turnarounds, including all optimization protocols - 3 assurance reviews, schedule optimization shops, peer reviews, etc.
- Ensures the Turnaround Milestones are met with high quality deliverables.
- Ensure that all scope is risk assessed against accepted practices and established risk tolerances.
- Ensure that the turnaround schedule is integrated seamlessly with all activities - feed out to on spec, including shutdown, decontamination, execution, commissioning, and start up.
- Develops all Investment Proposals associated with turnaround event, and is responsible for all aspects of spend and financial closure.
- Team Leader of the T/A Steering Team and Leadership Team for assigned event category.
- Ensures that all operational activities are executed included system level planning, consistent with Downstream T/A work process and appropriate "Flawless" concepts.
- Ensures that the turnaround is planned and executed in compliance with safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Ensures compliance to all appropriate work processes (Downstream T/A, Project Controls, MOC, Quality Assurance etc.)
- Ensure multi-discipline integration and alignment of contractor and Shell organization.
- Ensures optimal control of safety, scope, cost, time and quality including taking corrective measures
- Removes obstacles (alignment, resource constraints, work processes) to ensure successful execution of the turnaround event.
- Ensures that pre-turnaround work is completed on schedule.
- Ensures appropriate communications to site leadership and ME&S leadership
- Coaches and motivates functional staff to ensure alignment and delivery of the turnaround event objectives.
- Accountable for controlling scope by consistent application of addenda process
- Organizes and facilitates the turnaround event lookback, post investment review, and learning process, and incorporates best practices into future events and shares with broader organization.
- Coaches and mentors staff for succession planning
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Graduate in an Engineering discipline with working knowledge of a broad range of Turnaround Engineering
At least 10 - 15 years' experience as a recognized expert in planning and execution of turnaround events.
Familiarity with Chemical Process plants. Styrene Monomer Polyols plant experience would be an advantage.
Ability to implement Downstream One T/A work process to deliver Best in Class for Turnarounds based on Solomon benchmarking.
Ability to properly balance the input and contribution of the many Shell site disciplines involved. (Operations, Maintenance, Technical, Procurement, Finance, Safety and Environmental)
Understands impacts of other turnarounds within Shell and assigned region and develops strategy to manage.
Ability to build a shared vision with the site turnaround organization.
Willing to work a fast paced, high energy job.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video