Orange, Texas, United States
Orange, Texas, United States
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Orange, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ARC COMBO WELDERS
Immediate start - 3 months' work
Must pass schedule 60 and super-duplex weld procedures.
Must have own welding setup - TIG rigs, torches, etc
Pipe - Combo Welder
Lays out, aligns and welds fabricated, pipe, according to blueprints and metallurgy. Capable of certifying on multi-process pipe being proficient in SMAW, GTAW and GMAW welding processes. Will require x-ray qualities.
- Selects type and size of pipe or other related materials and equipment according to required specifications
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together in various body positions
- Bolts, clamps and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position.
- May tack weld assemblies together
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun
- Starts power supply to produce electric current
- Strikes arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld-line, maintaining length of arc and speed and movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle
- May manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal. May clean or degrease weld joint or workplace, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath
- May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes
- May remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scrapper, grinder or power chipper
- May preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace.
- May cut metal plates or structural shapes
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment
- Assists other mechanics as needed
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required
- Required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards.
- Performs only procedures within certification compliance
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for:
We welcome applications from internal EnerMech Mechanical Services employee applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employee must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing. You will need your Supervisor approval to apply for jobs outside of your current Department. Your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre- employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WITH A CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear . The employee is frequently required to smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.