Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria
PARIS, June 11 (Reuters) - French oil and gas major Total said on Monday that it had signed a new concession agreement with Algeria's Sonatrach, Repsol and Alnaft for a 25-year extension of their Tin Fouyé Tabankort (TFT) gas and condensate field license.
It said the agreement would give Total a 26.4 percent stake in the project. Sonatrach will hold 51 percent and Repsol 22.6 percent.
The partners will carry out the drilling and development investments required to develop additional reserves estimated at more than 250 million barrels of oil equivalent, Total said in a statement.
"These investments will allow them to maintain production of the field, which is currently over 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day for 6 years," it said.
(Reporting by Bate Felix; Editing by Brian Love)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Declines Comment on Reported Dutch Sale Cancellation (Feb 22)
- $44B India Refinery Project At Risk (Feb 19)
- Chevron Pledges to Work With US to Remain in Venezuela (Feb 12)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria In Talks With Oil Firms To Set Up Trading Venture (Jul 24)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
- Trained Engineer Takes On Algeria's Energy Monolith (Mar 29)
Company: Repsol more info
- Repsol Makes Gas Discovery in Indonesia (Feb 20)
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Sources: Spain's Repsol Hires Tanker For Iran's Pars Oil As Sanctions Loom (Jun 19)