Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria
PARIS, June 11 (Reuters) - French oil and gas major Total said on Monday that it had signed a new concession agreement with Algeria's Sonatrach, Repsol and Alnaft for a 25-year extension of their Tin Fouyé Tabankort (TFT) gas and condensate field license.
It said the agreement would give Total a 26.4 percent stake in the project. Sonatrach will hold 51 percent and Repsol 22.6 percent.
The partners will carry out the drilling and development investments required to develop additional reserves estimated at more than 250 million barrels of oil equivalent, Total said in a statement.
"These investments will allow them to maintain production of the field, which is currently over 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day for 6 years," it said.
(Reporting by Bate Felix; Editing by Brian Love)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Weatherford CEO's Rebound Plan Relies On Getting Smaller
- Iran Says Oil Market Is Too Tight For US Zero Exports Target
- China's Squeezed 'Teapots' Eye Petchem Path To Riches
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds